- Fire Department
- Office of the Fire Marshal
Office of the Fire Marshal
The Office of the El Reno Fire Marshal is dedicated to the citizens and businesses in the City of El Reno. We are dedicated to protecting lives and property from hazards of fire, natural and man made disasters, and explosions.
Our mission is to reduce injuries, deaths, and property loss through inspection, plan review, fire investigation, and public education.
- Smoke alarm save lives, both human and animals, but only if they work. People die every year in homes without working smoke alarms. Please take few minutes every month to test your smoke alarms.
- Please make sure your kids know what to do when the alarm sounds. Practice makes perfect.
- Make sure a smoke alarm is installed in every bedroom, on every floor, and on every level of the home including basement.
Did You Know?
- Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years.
- An easy way to remember to change your batteries is time change. Change your clock, Change your batteries.
- If you live in the City of El Reno and need assistance with installing your smoke alarms or would like to enroll in our free smoke alarm program please contact us.
- Did you know if you live in a rental property, by law the landlord must provide you with working smoke alarms in each sleeping area and outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home? Please make sure these are installed before you move in. Depending on the landlord and location, it may be your responsibility to change the batteries.