- Police Department
- Message from Your Chief of Police
Message from Your Chief of Police
Welcome to El Reno! Established before statehood, the El Reno Police Department is a group of dedicated men and women who see themselves as a vital part of the community we serve. It is my distinct honor to represent and work alongside the members of our agency.
The Police Department is currently comprised of 51 full-time employees within 6 divisions:
- 24 officers are assigned to the Patrol Division working four sets. The officers of the patrol division are the backbone of the agency. The patrol division is responsible for responding to all calls for service, providing security and service during special events, and traffic enforcement, along with conducting the initial investigation of reported crimes and those of misdemeanor offenses.
- 6 officers are assigned to the Investigation Division whose primary duties are investigating Felony offenses including narcotic violations, crimes against children, sex offender registration, and monitoring and working with the Municipal Prosecutor and the District Attorney's Office for successful prosecution. The investigation division currently falls under the direct supervision of the Police Chief.
- The Communication Division is comprised of 12 full-time communication officers and a supervisor. The communication division is responsible for dispatching all emergency services comprised of Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical, monitoring prisoners, as well as radio dispatching the patrol division to calls for service. Our communication division supervisor is also responsible for all computer and networking technology.
- We have 3 animal control officers who cover from 8 am to 7 pm. Monday through Friday and 10 am to 7 pm on Saturday through Sunday.
The members of our Police Department have adopted the Motto, "Serving With Pride", which speaks to our focus on quality and efficient customer service. We are committed to public safety and to implementing innovative crime prevention techniques to ensure a safe and healthy community for all of our citizens.
Ken W. Brown
Chief of Police